- After creating a dedicated department in September 2020, Ramsay Santé, one of the European leaders in private hospitalization and primary care, reveals its CSR roadmap.
- The action plan is based on commitments to the group's main stakeholders: patients, employees, private practitioners, the territories and communities in which the group operates and the planet.
In 2020, Ramsay Santé adopted a Raison d'être: 'Improving everyday health by constantly innovating'. We have gone even further by integrating it, with the approval of our shareholders, into the company's articles of association, thus demonstrating our conviction and determination to bring all governance actions into line with the fundamental vocation of our group. We want to go even further with a commitment approach that takes into account all of our stakeholders and concrete actions whose impact we will be able to monitor year after year. This social responsibility approach will enable us to respond even more to our raison d'être. By taking care to reduce our impact on the environment, we are contributing, as we know today, to improving health. Just as the development of our employees' commitment has a direct impact on the patients they care for on a daily basis. As for the challenge of our social commitment to preventative health for all, it is obvious.
Three fundamental pillars of the CSR strategy
Ramsay Santé's social responsibility approach is based on 3 pillars:
- A social pillar that involves taking into account the needs of patients, practitioners and staff.
- A societal pillar which concerns the prevention of health and care and the support of the populations and territories where the group operates.
- An environmental pillar that involves reducing the impact of its activities and supplies to preserve the planet.
To date, the action plan is based on commitments to the group's main stakeholders: patients, employees, private practitioners, the territories and communities in which the group operates, and the planet.The strategy consists of improving the impact vis-à-vis each of these stakeholders through dedicated actions. This impact is measured by one or more indicators that will be monitored from year to year. The governance of this strategy is ensured by Ramsay Santé's CSR department, which steers and coordinates a network of correspondents in each country, functional department of the group and eventually facilities.
... towards employees
- Support the professional development of employees.
- Taking care of the mental and physical health of employees.
- Conducting a diversity policy.
... vis-à-vis practitioners
- Research: supporting medical researchers in their clinical study projects.
- Teaching: to enable practitioners to develop their knowledge and expertise by providing training courses, but also to enable interns to complete part of their training course in Ramsay Santé facilities.
- Medical equipment: to provide modern technical facilities using the most effective materials and technologies for the patient.
- Digitalisation of working tools: provision of a digital package facilitating the relationship with the patient and all the other health actors.
- Dashboards: provision of dashboards to monitor their activity.
... towards patients
The safety and quality of patient care and services are at the heart of Ramsay Santé's concerns, and it wanted to give concrete expression to this reality through essential patient commitments. These commitments are the result of discussions with representatives of all professions: doctors, nursing staff (nurses, care assistants, stretcher bearers) and managers.
- All patients are welcomed without distinction.
- Innovation to improve the quality of care.
- Organisation of personalised care.
- Guarantee of transparency in the area of health care safety.
- Reduction of the time taken to take charge.
- Provision of services to simplify hospitalisation (before / during / after).
... towards the planet
- Monitoring and improving the environmental impact in the facilities.
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Integration of suppliers in an environmental impact reduction process.
... vis-à-vis society
- Ramsay Santé Foundation: deployment of preventive health actions.
- Development of medical research by supporting medical researchers in their clinical study projects.
- Development of the role of the Group's hospitals and clinics in their local communities, providing important social infrastructures and creating employment opportunities.
Ramsay Santé is the leader in private hospitalisation and primary care in Europe. The Group has 36,000 employees and works with nearly 9,300 practitioners to treat more than 10 million patients per year in its 443 facilities and 5 countries: France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Italy. Ramsay Santé offers almost all medical and surgical specialities in three domains: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics (MSO), Follow-up Care and Rehabilitation (FCR) and Mental Health.
Legally, Ramsay Santé is a mission-oriented company committed to constantly improving the health of all patients through innovation. Wherever it operates, the Group contributes to public health service missions and the healthcare network. Through its actions and the constant dedication of its teams, Ramsay Santé is committed to ensuring the entire patient care journey, from prevention to follow-up care.
Every year, the group invests over 200 million euros in innovation to support the evolution and diversity of care pathways, in medical, hospital, digital, and administrative aspects. Through this commitment, our Group enhances access to care for all, commits to provides best-in-class healthcare, systematically engages in dialogue with stakeholders and strives to protect the planet to improve health.