Prevent2Care Lab, France's leading incubator dedicated to health prevention created by Ramsay Santé Foundation in 2018, announces the 5 start-ups that have joined the ranks of its 2nd Nordics cohort. These winners have developed very promising innovations to meet the crucial challenge of health prevention. For nine months, they will receive tailored support, as well as privileged access to the business expertise of the program's partners. This selection reflects the Prevent2Care Lab's commitment to innovation in the development of preventive health care.
Prevention: a major subject for tomorrow's health
Prevention should play an important role in our healthcare system, which is still traditionally focused on treatment. Many actors are innovating throughout Europe to meet this expectation, but their initiatives need support and visibility to accelerate the paradigm shift towards a more preventive health model that reduces social and territorial inequalities.
The expected positive impacts are numerous: in France for instance, 100,000 lives could be saved thanks to prevention, which also allows people to live healthier lives for longer; reducing the burden of disease to ease the demand on healthcare professionals; fighting medical deserts and territorial inequalities in access to care; providing personalized responses focused on patients, etc.
Prevent2Care Lab: supporting startups dedicated to prevention in the Nordics
The Ramsay Santé Foundation and INCO have joined forces through the Prevent2Care Lab in the Nordics to support innovative entrepreneurial and associative projects that strengthen access to prevention everywhere and for everyone, through a free 9-month program designed to accelerate their development. Since 2022, 9 projects have been selected by the annual jury and supported within the Prevent2Care Lab in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
They meet 4 challenges: better educate and raise awareness, promote behavioral change, improve screening and early diagnosis, and make the patient an actor in his or her pathology and facilitate its follow-up.
5 winners of this 2nd edition with customized support
The alliance of INCO, startup support specialist, and a major player in the healthcare system - the Ramsay Santé Foundation - also offers the supported projects territories for experimentation within a leading company in their sector, and personalized advice from experts.
Over a 9-month period, they will benefit from a 360° diagnosis, followed by group and individual workshops tailored to their needs, meetings with experts and program partners and a learning expedition to discover the French ecosystem.
These project leaders have all developed high-potential innovations in the field of preventive healthcare. This new Prevent2Care Lab promotion highlights current issues such as empowering and strengthening people's ability to fall safely to maintain their independence and quality of life, reducing the prevalence of anxiety disorders using virtual reality in therapy, detecting ophthalmological diseases earlier, and developing self-management strategies to reduce and prevent aches and pains in the body.
See below the presentation of each project.
The 5 startups of the Prevent2Care Lab in the Nordics
- I Bedste Fald - https://www.ibedstefald.dk/: I Bedste Fald is a unique method that enables and empowers people to fall safely through workshops that make people stand stronger, simultaneously addressing associated trauma and focusing on limiting restrictive lifestyle change.
- Fornix – https://fornixvr.com/: Fornix addresses the challenges of anxiety disorders by developing and delivering software for Virtual Reality (VR), enabling the real-world to be brought into the therapist's office. Through their innovative VR applications, patients can experience simulated and anxiety-provoking situations in a controlled and engaging manner.
- Mantis Photonics AB - https://mantis-photonics.com/: Mantis Photonics AB develops and commercializes a new retinal imaging technique (hyperspectral imaging) for the early screening of ophthalmological diseases.
- Positival - https://www.positival.no/: Positival uses an evidence-based approach combined with a cloud-based solution to offer early intervention for employees with musculoskeletal issues; as such preventing and reducing sick leaves impacting the bottom line for organizations.
- Soil - https://www.mysoil.co/: Soil uses emotional AI technologies to capture critical biomarkers such as voice, face, and sentiments, which enables them to deliver personalized mental health programs digitally.